S U M M I T V I E W C L I N I C
WEBVIEW PATIENT PORTAL ACCESS AGREEMENT
You must agree to this “Patient Portal Access Agreement” (“Agreement” or “Terms and Conditions”) before you use the WebView Portal. Please read the terms of the Agreement as described below:
These Terms and Conditions constitute a binding agreement between the user (“you”) and Summit View Clinic, its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents (together hereinafter “SVC”). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age, or legally emancipated, and that you are requesting access to portions of your personal health information and the ability to communicate with your SVC health care team via the internet using an electronic application called the WebView Portal. You acknowledge that the WebView Portal is offered as a courtesy to SVC’s patients in order to allow you to view your personal medical information and/or to send private messages to and from your health care provider and agree that SVC may limit or discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time for any reason.
By signing this Agreement you agree to the following rules for utilizing the WebView Portal from SVC.
- I understand that the WebView Portal is NOT to be used for urgent or emergency medical care situations. In the event of a medical emergency I will call for local 911 services, or go directly to the emergency room.
- I will NOT be charged for messages that are initiated by SVC. Messages sent to SVC staff: e.g.; medical assistants, appointment requests, lab staff, care coordination, etc., will not be charged.
- I understand that it may take up to 72 hours to receive a response to an email request that I send. I understand that IF I do NOT receive a response within 72 hours I will contact SVC via telephone at (253) 537-0293.
- I understand that the WebView Portal is NOT to be used to request prescriptions or prescription refills; SVC will handle ALL my prescription refills by requests made through my local pharmacy and at my scheduled appointments.
- The individual WebView Portal username and password you choose when you first login to the WebView Portal are the keys to protecting the confidentiality of your information. You are responsible for remembering your WebView Portal username and password and for keeping them confidential. We strongly suggest writing down your WebView Portal username and password and keeping them in a safe place for future reference. Anyone with access to your WebView Portal username and password will be able to view your personal medical information and communicate with your health care team as if that person were you. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your username and password and change your password if you feel that your security has been compromised. You may change your password online at any time. You are solely responsible for any sharing of SVC content that you intentionally or unintentionally communicate to others.
You may request a WebView Portal account for yourself and/or any other person who has given you written authority (a “Proxy”). You may not request or access a WebView Portal account for anyone else. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you certify that you are authorized to open or access the account you are requesting and that all information you have provided to SVC is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You further agree that in the event you request a WebView Portal account or information on behalf of a Proxy you will be required to provide documentation of your authority (for example, a durable healthcare power of attorney) before you can receive an access code to complete registration or access that person’s health information.
- Once you have activated your WebView Portal account, the WebView Portal will become the primary vehicle to receive important messages from your participating provider(s) and other personal medical information. You MUST provide us with your email address when activating your WebView Portal account and keep your email address current to ensure that you receive notification of newly released information in a timely manner.
All communications between you and your SVC health care team using the WebView Portal are carried over a secure, encrypted connection directly into the SVC electronic medical record. While you may receive Internet e-mail messages notifying you of new messages in your WebView Portal Inbox, these e-mails will not contain any personal health information. It is your responsibility to login to your WebView Portal account and read the messages promptly.
- I understand that providers and staff at SVC may use the WebView Portal to communicate lab and test results to me, and I accept this method of communication.
- I understand that I should remember to log out and close my internet browser each time when I am finished accessing password-protected WebView Portal services. This will prevent someone else from accessing my personal medical information if I leave, share, or use a public computer or unsecured wireless network: e.g.; internet café, library, kiosk, etc.
- I understand that it is the policy of Summit View Clinic to contact patients BY PHONE WITHIN 24 HOURS of receipt for seriously abnormal or potentially critical lab or diagnostic test results.
- I understand that routine laboratory and diagnostic test results may be available on WebView prior to being reviewed by my provider. I understand that these test results can potentially be confusing to someone without medical knowledge and thus require interpretation by a medically trained professional.
- I understand that it may take up to 3 business days for interpretation to be complete once it is available in my electronic chart. I agree NOT to contact my provider regarding results until after interpretation occurs, EXCEPT in the following circumstances:
- More than 3 full business days have passed without interpretation of results.
- I feel that one of my test results is critical and has not been addressed within 24 hours.
While SVC uses state-of-the-art security, no system can guard against risks of intentional intrusion or inadvertent disclosure of information. When using the WebView Portal, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control of SVC and its contractors. YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OR INTENTIONAL INTRUSION, OR OF ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE. Once information is received by us, your medical information will be treated as confidential and given the same protection that all other SVC medical records are given.
By using the WebView Portal, you acknowledge and agree that this messaging service is intended to facilitate dialogue regarding personal health matters. You agree not to use the WebView Portal to send or post any illicit or offensive material.
- I understand that messages will be routed to the appropriate department as necessary for handling, and therefore SVC employees, other than your healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner and/or physician’s assistant), may be involved in addressing your request. If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond, messages sent via the WebView Portal may be routed to other authorized healthcare providers within SVC to facilitate a timely response to your request. Therefore use of the WebView Portal may not be appropriate if there is sensitive information that you want to discuss directly with your healthcare provider.
- I understand that the SVC health care team may send me messages, test results, and other communications via the WebView Portal as authorized in the sole discretion of my physician. These messages may contain information important to my health and medical care. It is my responsibility to monitor these messages. By entering your valid and functional e-mail address at registration, I have enabled SVC to notify me of messages sent to my WebView Portal Inbox.
SVC shall not be liable for any loss, injury, illness, damages, or claims of any kind resulting from your failure to timely read messages you may receive through the WebView Portal.
You may discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time by deactivating your account.
SVC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or discontinue your use of the WebView Portal at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your use of the WebView Portal on behalf of another person. You will be notified if your WebView Portal service is discontinued.
As we provide your health care, we are required to maintain documentation of your medical history, current conditions, treatment plan and all treatments given, including the results of all tests, procedures and therapies. The WebView Portal is an Internet application that enables a patient to have secured Web-based access to personal clinical information, as released by the treating physician, and allows secure electronic messaging with participating SVC physicians. By using the WebView Portal, you understand that not all of your SVC medical record will be accessible through your WebView Portal account. Posting of information to your WebView Portal account is at the sole discretion of your individual physician(s).
Messages you send or receive via the WebView Portal may become part of your permanent medical record at the sole discretion of your physician. If such messages are made part of your permanent medical record, they will be accessible to current and future SVC staff members who are involved with your care.
All SVC-generated electronic medical records are subject to state and federal regulations governing the security and confidentiality of medical records.
All content included in the WebView Portal and on all SVC web sites, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, button icons, images, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and data ("Content"), in any form are protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. The Content includes both Content owned or controlled by SVC, its subsidiaries or affiliates as well as Content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to SVC. Reproduction of any Content, in whole or in part, by any means, is prohibited without the express written consent of SVC.
SVC grants a limited license to each user to make personal use only of the Web site and the associated services in accordance with these terms and conditions of use. This license expressly excludes, without limitation, any reproduction, duplication, sale, resale or other commercial use of the Web site and the associated services, making any derivative of the Web site or the associated services, the collection and use of user email addresses or other user information, including, without limitation, health information or any data extraction or data mining whatsoever.
SVC’s Privacy Statement: SVC is committed to protecting the privacy of the information you send and receive through the WebView Portal. This Privacy Statement applies to the WebView Portal and governs data collection and usage. By using WebView Portal, you consent to all terms and conditions described in this Privacy Statement.
This Web site and the WebView Portal may contain links to Web sites operated by other parties which might have information on health topics of interest to you. Any such links are provided for your general information and education only, and should NOT be relied upon for personal diagnosis or treatment. SVC does not sponsor or endorse any of these sites, nor does SVC make any guarantee, warranty or representation regarding the accuracy of the information contained on the Web sites. SVC has no control over the security or privacy practices of these external Web sites. Use of other sites is strictly at your own risk including, but not limited to, any risks associated with destructive viruses. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the terms and conditions of use and the privacy statements of the other Web sites.
Failure to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein may result in revocation of a user’s license and cancellation of a user’s WebView Portal account including the right to access information through WebView Portal on behalf of any proxies. SVC reserves the right to report violations of law to appropriate law enforcement agencies and to pursue all other rights and remedies available to it under civil or criminal law.
- I understand that the Terms and Conditions of this disclaimer and user Agreement may change periodically. Such modifications will take effect immediately upon the posting to the SVC website. I understand that I should review this Agreement routinely for changes and modifications.
- I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SVC its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, judgments, losses and any other costs, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and collections cost arising from any act, error, or omissions of SVC and the provision of or failure to provide any of the services within the scope of the WebView Portal duties as outlined in the Agreement, included but not limited to, advisory and consulting services.
- I understand that my access to the WebView Portal will be monitored through log on audit.
- I understand that this Agreement is designed to, and by express agreement between the parties, does in fact reach as far as Washington State law permits.
By using SVC’s website including but not limited to the WebView Portal, you agree that the laws of the state of Washington, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute that might arise between you and SVC its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents (together “SVC”). You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with SVC resides in the courts of Washington State and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Washington State in connection with any claim involving SVC. Use of SVC’s Web site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
By signing the Agreement I understand and agree to all the terms and conditions in the Agreement. The invalidity of any provision(s) or portions of the provision(s) of this Agreement shall not affect any other provision(s) or portions thereof. In the event that one or more provisions (or portions thereof) of this Agreement are declared legally invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in force and affect. Changes in the law affecting this Agreement shall be deemed incorporated upon their effective date. I understand that the availability and functionality of the WebView Portal may change without prior notice. I understand and agree to not hold SVC, nor its physicians, employees, contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers and directors, and agents liable for any unanswered WebView Portal messages or requests.
If you agree to these terms please select “I Agree” to enter patient portal.
Return to home page